Monday, November 21, 2005

Baby...it's COLD outside!

Old man winter is most definitely on his way. It's colder than a well-diggers @ss and dreary too. There is even talk of possible snow flurries tonight/early morning (no accumulation). It does seem more like Thanksgiving though than the 80 degree weather we had a week or two ago. I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is this Thursday! The kids and I are going to spend it up here with John's family. It will be a hard day to deal with but I have much to be thankful for. I just hope that John and the other military members over there get a nice, hot meal and some down time. They deserve that and more.

Oh..good news! John made the E-8 list! He doesn't think he will get promoted until this time next year but the fact that he made the list is GREAT news. He made it on his first look and I couldn't be prouder of him. I promised him that he can buy a new boat when he gets home from Iraq. *sigh* I knew I would break down sooner or later. lol. If his boat wasn't at a friends house I would send a picture for y'all to laugh at. It's one of those aluminum John boats (old) and he has painted it and any number of other things to make this thing look presentable. The funniest thing though is that he put our old car stereo and speakers in the thing so he could listen to music on the lake. Hehehehehe. Talk about redneck! :)~

Well, my fried chicken is done and my kids are fighting. More later...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats again to John! I hope you and the kids have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family.

Daphne said...

Thanks Courtney. I'm sure we will. I can't wait to see my SIL, her husband, and kids. We don't get to see them but a few times a year.
Daph