Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We are HOMEOWNERS!

John and I were finally able to close on the house yesterday afternoon! We are now "offically" homeowners! WOO HOO! We are so excited. I keep looking at him and saying "OMG...we are homeowners!" Hehehehehehe! Oh my goodness...I don't think it has truly set in yet. I have so much to do around here before I start moving in on May 1st. I don't even know where to start. At least the next month will be busy and, therefore, the time should go by fast. Everything went as smoohtly (with the closing) as it could possibly go. After the closing, John and I, took Kay (our Realtor) out for drinks/food at Ruby Tuesdays. We really wanted to include Kay in our celebration because she has gone way above AND beyond anything she had to do for us. If anyone in this area needs a Realtor...get in touch with me...and I will give you Kay's information. I have nothing but good things to say about her. She's awesome! :) She bought us the nicest housewarming gift too. She got us two $25.00 gift certificates that can be redeemed almost anywhere in the area AND she bought us a homeowners book that has everything in it up to this point. It was truly a thoughtful gift and now we will have everything pertaining to the house in one book...for easy access! Things are really great for John, the kids, and I right now. Even the weather is starting to warm up around here! Did I mention I love Spring? Hehehehehe. Anyway, that's the good news! I just wanted to keep everyone updated on what is happening with us. We are heading down to Alabama tomorrow afternoon. My birthday is Friday and I am so happy to be able to be home with my family to celebrate and then on Saturday my Mom is giving us a housewarming party. John has to leave to head back towards Iraq Saturday though. That's the only downfall but, hey, we are half-way through this deployment!!! ~Daphne~

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Yippee!!! So glad everything was finalized and that you are now HOMEOWNERS!!! Isn't it a great feeling? Even when we bought our 2nd house it was still a great feeling. lol Enjoy it!!!

Daphne said...

Hi Courtney. YES it is the most wonderful feeling! :) I am so thrilled. :) John and the kids just got back from Sam's and they bought me these really cool polycarbonate (set of 48) drinking glasses that I have had my eye on for a while now. They gave them to me for my birthday. Aren't they sweet? They are from the kids. :) I just told them that they will be staying in the boxes until we move. Hehehehehe. I love getting new things for my new house! Plus...these are unbreakable and dishwasher safe. LOL. I swear, I am such a clutz! Thank you, Courtney again for all the thoughts and prayers about the house! God is good! :)
Love,
Daphne

Melzie said...

Yay!!! hey girlie-- you need to IM me! Yahoo or MSN :)

Carolyn F said...

WooHOO -- congratulations. When you'll really enjoy it is when you do your taxes next year and can deduct that interest!