Sunday, March 05, 2006

Finally...an update! Hehehehehe...


Okay, okay...I'm ashamed that I haven't been keeping up with my blog. I am making a promise right now to write more often. Hehehehe. Gosh, there is so much to say. Where do I start? First of all...John will be home in 12 days (give or take a day or two) for his mid-tour from Iraq! YIPEE! I can't wait to see him and hold him in my arms. These past six months have been so lonely without him! I am counting down the days as patiently as possible. lol. So far...2oo6 has been so good to our family. We are in the process of buying our first house and we are *SO* happy about it! We have waited 14 years to finally buy and I'd say it is about time! lol. The closing has been set for the 20th of March so that John can be home for the closing. :) Today is John's 15 year mark in the Army. In so many ways I cannot believe it has already been this long and in others...it seems like it has been a lifetime. Hahahaha. Let me just say how PROUD I am of him and how PROUD I am to be a military wife. I wouldn't want to live any other life but this one. :) Also, while I am talking about news...John and I will be celebrating our 14 year anniversary on the 14th of March. What a mile mark!!!! And then on the 31st...I will be celebrating my 35th birthday but don't tell anyone. Hehehehe. So yes, 2006 has been a really good year for us. An exciting year...and we have so much more to look forward to. God is good! :)
P.S...the picture is of the front of our new home :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the new house! I'm so happy for you and John and kids. Hooray that you get to see him in a few days too!

Melzie said...

You're blogging again, YAY!!! Hey- when you see me online, I'll walk you through adding links

Daphne said...

Courtney... Thanks! We are so thrilled about the house. I can't wait until he gets home for his mid-tour! :) I'm counting down the days...hehehehe. I would count down the hours if I only knew what time he is going to get here. LOL!

Mel...Cool! I was looking around and ditzy me can't figure out how to do it by myself. Hehehehe.

Daph