Thursday, August 16, 2007

work...work...and more work!

Goodness, it has been so long since I have even been online. I thought I'd give y'all a quick update. :)

The kids are doing great. They started school last week. So far so good...lol.

John...is getting ready to redeploy to Iraq. Joy. He keeps telling me on a daily basis how many days he has left here at home. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it. I'm trying to think of anything positive that I can do while he's away...ie...work, pay off bills...save for Disney World, etc.

Me...I can't believe I am a working mother! God...it has been so long since I've really had a job. I like work though. I thought they were hiring me to make the donnuts but instead I am the bread baker. I have always been a baker of sorts so it is something I like to do. The work is hard though. I stand on my feet ALL day long. It doesn't help any that we are short handed and I am doing the bread alone when it is a two person (at least) job. lol. I work and work and work until I think I can't work anymore and then I work some more. I'm really enjoying it though. :) The worst part about it is that I have to wear that stupid hair net thingie...lol. I'm certainly not Miss America...as it is...but put me in that stupid hair net and there is no hope. Ahhhh...VANITY!

Daph

3 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Scrap it! I bet John and the kids are proud of you!

Courtney said...

Glad you are enjoying it, even though it is hard work. I'm so sorry John is being deployed AGAIN! *sigh*

Daphne said...

Thanks, y'all! :)