Monday, September 17, 2007

Funny but Scary...

Oh good heavens let me tell y'all what happened the other day. I was home sick (with this cyst) and I was in my bed watching television. The telephone rang and it was Keith (my 13 year olds school) telling me that Keith was absent and wanting to make sure that I knew it. I was like...WHAT????? Keith is supposed to be at school. Sure enough they double checked and found out that he had not been there at all that day. Well, of course, I am freaking out by this time. I ran upstairs to make sure that he didn't fall asleep and just miss the bus or something and no Keith. I called John and started screaming and crying for him to come home and that I was calling the police. As soon as I hung up the phone and was picking it back up to call the police what do I hear? Mom? I was like WHAT? OMG! WHERE ARE YOU? He was upstairs. Apparently he decided he was too tired to go to school that day so he got one of his pillows and a blanket and got in his closet to sleep. I have NO idea what he was thinking. Does anyone understand a 13 year old BUT a 13 year old? LOL. OMG I was so mad. Well, of course, I started boo hooing because I was so thankful that he was okay and that someone hadn't abducted him at the bus stop or something. Of course, then he cried. He can't stand to see his Mama cry. lol...served him right. I immediately called John and let him know that Keith was okay and all was good. Then he calls me back LAUGHING (can y'all believe he was LAUGHING? I could hear his dad laughing too. I'm like okay what in the H*ll is so funny? Apparently the first time John decided to skip school he decided to hide in his closet too. LOL. Pretty funny, I guess.

3 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Oh my... I think I'd have to kill them both!! I'm so glad he's ok but sheesh!!!

Daphne said...

I know! I know! You know, I was thinking about it that day about how you just don't know how much your life is going to change when you have a child. Your life is no longer your own and your life certainly doesn't come first any more. I couldn't imagine something horrible happening to him. I'm so thankful to God that he is okay.
Love,
Daphne

Courtney said...

So glad he was okay and just hiding out in the closet!