Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time...or the lack thereof.

John called home last night and said he had some bad news. I knew, in my heart, that the date for him to deploy to Iraq had been upped. Of course, I was right. I can't give an exact date but let's just say it is really, really soon. I was thinking today that Ariel will be almost 18 years old when her daddy comes home and Keith will be 15. It breaks my heart for John and the kids. He loves them so very much and I know it hurts him to have to be away from them for so long. Thank God we are used to him being gone. This is his 10th deployment away from us. At least we are old pros at this and not going through it for the first time, like some.

I also tried to go back to work today but had to leave and come home. I had to call my urologist because I've still been having pain and it is just getting worse and worse instead of better. The doctor said LEAVE work and go straight to BACH (our Army hospital) to pick up some meds. that he put in the system for me to pick up. I'm waiting for him to call me and let me know when to come in for another CT Scan. He says it needs to be this week. He says he thinks I am still trying to pass stones. I think he is probably right. I'm just so tired of this pain and not feeling good. Will I ever feel normal again? lol. I don't ask for much...LOL. Thanks for listening, y'all.
Love,
Daphne

3 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Oh Daphne, I hate this for you... but know that with the technology in the world John won't be as removed as he would have years ago. Big hugs, and I'll pray that they get your kidney stones under control soon!

Michelle said...

Daphne,

Feel better soon. So sorry to hear about the deployment date. That's always a heart crusher. Even though you expect it, when it comes your still crushed. I saw you mention BACH, are you @ Campbell? We spent 8 years there. Well, I should say the kids and I spent 8 years there. Good luck with the stones. Make sure the doc gives you some good happy meds to cope with the pain. If you need and ear I'm an e-mail away.

Daphne said...

Thanks Caroloyn and Michelle. Yes, Michelle, we are stationed at Campbell. This is our second time here and this go around we've been here for six years. E-me...if you'd like my email is Bamabelle29@aol.com. :)
Daphne